cute first date ideas: investigating paranormal cases across the united states and uncovering a major government conspiracy to hide the truth about the existence of extraterrestrials
Tag! You’re it!!Once you get this, you have to share five random facts about yourself. Then share this with 10 of your favorite followers.
oh boy, let’s see—
- as an adolescent I taught myself Tolkien’s Sindarin Elvish and had a a decent understanding of Quenya. I spent the summers I was thirteen and fourteen going through every Tolkien book ever published, handwriting pages and pages of notes until I had compiled every single recorded Sindarin word and its root word, and eventually compiled a full dictionary, with basic lessons in grammar and sentence structure. it is still online. to this day I have yet to accomplish anything geekier than that, and to be honest, I’m kind of stunned by my drive and initiative and wonder where it came from and how I can get it back.
- I’ve met a fair amount of “celebrities”, but they are almost all bluegrass and folk musicians, so most people don’t know who they are or care, but it meant a lot to me. (and they were household names in my house!) Bela Fleck is a shy sweetheart though, and his then-not-yet wife Abigail Washburn is a delight.
- I was almost definitely conceived in a tent, possibly at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. possibly in Durango. my parents enjoy talking about this until I turn scarlet and flee the room.
- Dichen Lachman has listened to one of my original songs.
- my chin is permanently crooked from crashing my bicycle into a pole to avoid plummeting into traffic once when my brakes unexpectedly gave out as I was going down a hill. it was my first ever day at my first ever job, so I spent it with my chin swollen to three times its size and covered in band-aids and some impressive bruising.
at least one person (probably zombres) tagged me in the “post a screenshot of your desktop” meme, and as you can see, my desktop is literally the least surprising thing ever.